Thursday, September 8, 2011

Flower Pillow

I made a pillow yesterday! I started at about 4:30 pm and finished around 8:30 pm. There was a lot of cutting and sewing involved so it took a little longer. PLUS sometime in there I was on the phone with Verizon Support for ohh 30 minutes, no big deal. >:(


I followed this tutorial http://www.vanessachristenson.com/2010/05/guest-blogger-tutorial-allison-of-cluck.html which is by http://www.cluckclucksew.com/. The directions were very simple, the process was simple, but tedious. After sewing on a few of my petals, my sewing machine started going wacky and bunching up the thread underneath the fabric. Whats up with that?! I Googled it, fiddled with the tension (which did nothing) then called my grandma and she said to re-thread the machine. So I did that and switched the stitch style and it worked, for a while, then messed up again.. So I did that process again! So annoying!!! I really need to learn more about the machine itself and NOT just how to use it! 


Here are a few photos of my process, and the final! I am extremely happy with the way it turned out! :) I love it!


I used felt bought by the yard instead of the small sheets. This stuff is stronger.

Cut in half to make the "petals".

I used the lid of a pot to make my circle.

Working my way in. I started puckering the petals on the third row.

 Overall I had 5 rows of big petals and probably 3ish of the small ones. Instead of making complete circles when I put on the small, I spiraled them in.

 You can see the petals and their depth better in this photo!

 I'm in love! <3

 The back was very simple to sew and I love that it is overlapping instead of having to deal with zippers or velcro.